Friday, April 18, 2008

I've never seen a bad drawing by a child!


To see all my illustration portfolio samples, visit stevensalerno.com
Kid's drawings are always innovative, mysterious and cool... Posted here at the top is a page from my picture book Coco the Carrot (2005), which depicts Coco making herself a new hat. Just below is a drawing done by a young fan of the story, Zoe Gordon, who created her own delightful version of my illustration for her book report class. (I am sure she received an A+)
Some of my picture books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, Arabic and German! So, maybe I am inspiring a wave of new artists and writers around the world! (which is precisely the message within Coco the Carrot -to be creative and not afraid to venture out into the world.) Visit my web site to view samples from most of the children's picture books I've illustrated.

No comments: