Friday, April 18, 2008

Sneak peek at an upcoming advertising campaign...


To see all my illustration portfolio samples, visit stevensalerno.com

Art directors and editors in publishing who only know me through my children's books are not aware that the majority of the images I create are actually for advertising and editorial projects, and the art directors I work with in those areas are not aware I also write and illustrate children's books... 

During 2007 I worked on an advertising print campaign (I cannot give the name of the client until the campaign goes public)... consisting of a handful of ad images which were to begin appearing in about a dozen different magazines in spring 2008, but has now been pushed to a new launch date of September 2008. The second stage of the project is to be a multitude of related "collateral" imagery used at all the company's point of sale retail locations: signs, large wall images, kiosk graphics, etc... Posted here is a sneak peek at one of the print ad images without the ad copy, of course.

Below the ad is an image of “dancing chefs.” This food related image was done several years ago for installation as a ten-foot high wall graphic in the food court area of the new Convention Center in Washington DC. It was this "dancing chefs" image, used in one of my promotional pieces, that was seen by the creative director at the mystery company and prompted him to contact me to create the images for his upcoming print ad campaign.

1 comment: