Saturday, October 1, 2016

Arnold Palmer, the golf King forever...

A tribute to Arnold Palmer (1929-2016) 
Posted here are two drawings I had created in the past of golfing great Arnold Palmer, who passed away this week at age 87. 
Because of my lifelong love for the game of golf, back in 2010 I launched a separate web site dedicated just to my many golf art drawings and paintings and limited edition prints, sasgolf.com. Arnold Palmer has always been one of my golf heroes, and I’ve been a huge fan all my life, especially after meeting him in person when I was 14 years old back in 1972. (my older brother had attended the Arnold Palmer Golf Academy at Stratton Mountain in southern Vermont that summer, and my father and I were invited to the opening day ceremonies where Arnie gave a clinic on the range and also played an exhibition round. It was a thrill to shake his hand and get an autograph, which I have to this day)
In both these drawings I depicted Mr. Palmer in his very recognizable and distinctive putting stance.They were created with crayon, pastel, gouache and digital color. These two particular images are no longer available as limited edition prints, but there are many other golf fine art archival prints available for purchase at sasgolf.com
above “Arnie” by Steven Salerno
above “The King” by Steven Salerno
To view my illustration portfolios for advertising, editorial, packaging, etc... including my many children's books, visit stevensalerno.com

No comments: