Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Picture Book... “sketch-to-finish” stages



To see all my illustration portfolio samples, visit stevensalerno.com 

Here are five sequential images (from one spread in Pantaloon), briefly showing the stages I must go through when bringing a picture book illustration to life. What is not shown are the multitude of preliminary character sketches of the baker I must go through between steps 1 and 2. 

See previous posts for more information regarding this new picture book, Pantaloon, created for Golden Books, and will be released in 2010. Roberta Ludlow/art director, Diane Muldrow/editor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr. Pantaloon was my FAVORITE story as a child. I still have my copy (with only 2 or 3 torn pages and a few, undecipherable scribbled annotations!) more than half a century later. I'm happy to learn that you are keeping the story alive. I will miss the stylized 1950's features of the baker's face and Mr. Pantaloon's "jacket and pants" hair cut. (I always imagined myself Mr. Pantaloon.); but this is the 21st century, not the mid 20th. THANK YOU, I keep my eye out for your Mr. Pantaloon. J. Ballenger